Thank You Western Idaho Cabinets!



So I got this random check in the mail the other day (who doesn't love that) from Western Idaho Cabinets. Since I had never heard of them, Ender suggested contacting them before cashing it. I looked them up online and wrote a quick email to customer service. I got a lovely email back saying it's a commission check for a photo I sold. Sweet!

Ok so here's the back story: Since moving to St. George I have been on Craigslist a lot looking at both the job and furniture section. I saw a posting for photographers I thought I'd check it out. They wanted people to send in St. George pictures of interest, one being the St. George Temple. They were looking for new pictures for an expo they would be doing in town and to have on their website. If they liked your picture they would contact you and put it on a 3-4 month trial period to see if any sold. They chose one of the pictures I sent in but then I didn't hear a thing from them until the check came in the mail. I'm not sure how many of my pictures sold because they didn't say and the commission ranges by size of picture but from the amount of the check I had to have sold at least 8. How cool is that?! At least 8 people have a photo I took in their house. I know it's not a lot and really not that big of a deal but it's a first for me. If you want to look up the website it is www.framedlegacy.com. I love their temple pictures.

Here is the photo I sent in of the St. George Temple.



And here is what they did with it.


Now that the expo is over and people can only order online we'll see if anymore commission checks come. Either way it has been an exciting experience.

Comments

Kristy Lou said…
I love it with the Sepia finish with the roses still being red. I might have to order one if I get a decent commission check sometime. :) Not too many things cooler then getting money you didn't know was coming.
Katie said…
SWEET! I love the finished look too. This is why I need photoshop! haha
Anonymous said…
Yay! Awesome Kim! Glad you added me ...or whatever you call it. Do I have to add myself to your blog or can you do that? Lauren
Kim and Ender said…
We don't have an easy follow button like everyone else seems to. I too am just learning how to do things on this blog. Go to our blog and look up at the top, there's a list there where you can click on follow.

Popular posts from this blog

2018 in Review

Road to Ghana

Sea Olympics